If you’re bold, targeted and motivated, and realise qualification from Britain will assist take you to the highest in your profession, contemplate making use of for a Chevening UK Scholarship.
The British Council manages the scholarship programme on behalf of the Overseas and Commonwealth Workplace.
Every year a whole lot of worldwide college students are rigorously chosen for the scholarships by aggressive interviews.
Drawn from each the private and non-private sectors, they’re people who hope to play a key function of their nations’ future.
To be Eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you could:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible nation or territory.
- Return to your nation of citizenship for at least two years after your award has ended.
- Have accomplished all elements of an undergraduate diploma that may allow you to achieve entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK college by the point you submit your utility. That is usually equal to an higher second-class 2:1 honours diploma within the UK however could also be totally different relying in your course and college selection.
- Have not less than two years (equal to 2,800 hours) of labor expertise.
- Apply to a few totally different eligible UK college programs and have obtained an unconditional provide from one in every of these selections.
- Have a monitor report of excessive efficiency
- Show ambition, creativity and innovation
- Be out there to review for not less than 1 yr within the UK
- There is no such thing as a higher age restrict to use!You aren’t eligible for a Chevening Scholarship for those who:
- Maintain British or twin British citizenship (except you’re a citizen of a British Abroad Territory or maintain BN(O) and are making use of from Hong Kong).
- Maintain refugee standing in a non-Chevening eligible nation. Candidates who’re residents of a Chevening-eligible nation and who maintain refugee standing in a Chevening-eligible nation are eligible for a scholarship.
- Are an worker, a former worker, or relative of an worker of Her Majesty’s Authorities (together with British embassies/excessive commissions; the Division for Enterprise, Vitality & Industrial Technique; Division for Worldwide Commerce; the Ministry of Defence; and the Residence Workplace), or a workers member of the Affiliation of Commonwealth Universities.
- Staff, former staff, or family members of an worker of Chevening Companion organisations are eligible to use, however can not obtain a Chevening Companion Award from the organisation from which they work, beforehand labored, or are affiliated with by family members.
- Have beforehand studied within the UK with funding from a UK Authorities-funded scholarship. As soon as submitted, functions endure an digital sift towards eligibility standards. Any functions deemed ineligible shall be faraway from the choice course of. Please see the record of widespread errors (hyperlinks under).In case you make these errors in your utility kind, your utility shall be ineligible.
Please observe that after your utility has been submitted, it isn’t attainable to vary it retrospectively.
The scholarship utility course of & necessities:
candidates ought to ahead an utility letter demonstrating the above standards and together with particulars of:
- Contact particularsChevening Scholarships – The Placement Course of:
- British Council will facilitate chosen candidates’ functions to UK greater schooling establishments. Candidates who’ve already made functions direct to UK establishments ought to present particulars at interview.
- As soon as UK establishments have confirmed acceptance, the British Council will present complete head to head briefings to profitable candidates. This consists of details about dwelling and learning in UK; the help candidates obtain throughout their research; the entitlements payable underneath the scheme, together with full tutorial charges, worldwide airfares and dwelling allowances in UK.
- British Council will facilitate candidates’ departure preparations, together with UK visa functions and journey preparations.